Sr. Level Business Analyst, on site is required so local Minnesota candidates only. This is a 2 year contract and the minimum qualifications must be met and present on the resume.
- Ten (10) years of experience in an IT Business Analyst role
- Three (3) years of experience working as an IT Business Analyst on Agile project/product teams
NorthShore Resources has a client seeking two (2) Senior Business Analysts to work with a team to deliver quality software products. At a high level, these resources will support application development teams, network operations teams, or other enterprise needs based on the current demand for business analysis. Starting in May or June the Business Analysts will be needed to support business analysis requests for the enterprise. Some of these may include top priority initiatives within our Lab and Investigations divisions, enhancements or new features for our Criminal History and Predator Offender Registry systems, and updates to our infrastructure and security projects. The resources may mentor other BAs and will be assigned to other projects as needed.
The work is expected to be done as a hybrid approach. The resource will be expected to work with a minimum of 2 days in the office (days onsite and telecommuting could shift based on team schedules and policies There is no option to solely work from home.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Conduct data analysis and data mapping activities.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those that must base their work on the requirements.
- Work with product owners to align with priorities and build product backlog with epics and refined stories for the development team.
- Create user story maps, write user stories with relevant acceptance criteria, and review/update with the development team at refinement sessions and scrum events as needed.
- Conduct refinement sessions at various levels for scrum teams in preparation for story pointing and sprint planning.
- Plan, manage, and track team work items.
- Plan and facilitate project discovery sessions.
- Identify the current- and future-state business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
- Coordinate business validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of user story maps, epics, user stories, requirements documents, and work products derived from those artifacts to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.