NorthShore Resources has a direct hire, full time opportunity for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst at our Twin Cities, MN-based client.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst assists in data-driven decision made by extracting, validating, interpreting, preparing, and analyzing large amounts of data to deliver high-quality, complex, and timely analytics/business intelligence reporting that ensures business leaders have the data necessary to produce actionable outcomes in ongoing daily operations and strategic planning initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, delivering static and dynamic reports, self-service portals and dashboards, data exploration and visualization, and statistical or predictive analysis tools.
To achieve this, the Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will develop a broad and deep contextual understanding of the data behind the Analytics warehouse, the measures within the data models, and incorporate source data into existing or new data structures while enriching and maintaining Master Data Service repositories and Azure Data Dictionaries. This team member will work collaboratively with various departments to determine and meet their analytics/business intelligence needs and is also responsible for assisting in any regulatory reporting as needed (for example, HEDIS quality reporting).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Become deeply familiar with various data sources and internal processes in order to build queries, scripts/procedures, packages and other automated, reusable, routines to extract, transform, load and aggregate data into digestible and actionable formats
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually enhance the quality of analytics
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues, analyze data for its completeness and ability to meet business needs, and propose solutions or recommendations
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to understand their analytics/business intelligence reporting requirements in order to develop or modify appropriate reporting solutions and provide recommendations for process improvements
- Leverage Microsoft Power BI to tell a compelling story that provides insight into the data using key metrics and meaningful, interactive visualizations
- Create data models and measures used by Power BI and in self-service reporting
- Ensure code stability, reliability and maintainability
- Work with internal stakeholders to acquire business knowledge regarding appropriate use of data elements, establish and maintain common business rules, ensure a single source of truth, and align key metrics across the organization to ensure consistency
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in analytics/business intelligence reporting, including debugging, tuning and optimizing reports, queries and jobs
- Collaborate with technical staff on data architecture issues
- Develop and participate in evaluating new ideas and technologies that will improve efficiency, effectiveness and usefulness of analytics/business intelligence solutions
- Create documentation and deliver training to end-users on new and existing reports and tools and provide best practice standards and templates
- Assist in training and mentoring other business intelligence analysts
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, computer science, business/data analytics, business information systems, a quantitative discipline or other relevant program and/or experience
- Adept at translating business requirements into appropriate reporting, dashboard/scorecard, and self-service solutions
- 3+ years of experience with ETL and data cleansing using SSMS and SSIS
- 3+ years of experience in DAX and tabular data modeling
- 3+ years of advanced experience in SQL, including stored procedures and views, and relational and tabular databases
- 3+ years of experience creating data visualizations with Power BI
- Customer-service oriented self-starter with excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn, adapt, and apply new technologies
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with multiple priorities/projects while meeting deadlines
- Passionate about working with data and not afraid to ask relevant questions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Technology Stack including SharePoint Online, Excel Online Services, SSRS, SSAS, TFS, MDS, Azure, Visual Studio
- Experience with statistical tools, databases and evidence-based medicine or medical research methodology
- Healthcare reporting experience
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Compliance with regulatory and accrediting organizations (e.g., MDH, NCQA) and applicable laws and regulations (e.g., HIPAA, Affordable Care Act).
- Adherence to internal quality control guidelines and processes (e.g., SOC1).