The Wall Street Journal Opinion section is looking for a dynamic and experienced SEO Analyst who is passionate about SEO and can think strategically about content experience. The SEO Analyst will take a hands-on approach to data-driven decision-making to empower SEO campaigns from the ground up, through to post-launch and analysis.
We're looking for someone with a thorough understanding of SEO keyword research, site schema rules and the ability to perform content analysis to identify areas where we can create new experiences in our products to serve the interests of web searchers. This person will drive traffic growth for Opinion by planning and executing strategic search initiatives. The SEO Analyst must have excellent problem-solving skills and can effectively articulate complex ideas to non-SEO audiences.
If you come from an agency or ecommerce background, parts of this role may remind you of content marketing campaigns you have developed and delivered in the past, including keyword gap analysis and expansion exercises.
While you may start this job remotely, you will eventually be based in our New York office.
· Performing keyword research and support editorial production of strategic SEO content
· Tracking and monitoring performance using dashboards using traditional SEO tools and data
· Performing content gap analysis to expand our coverage in Search
· Alongside the wider SEO team, reviewing search content performance and make recommendations for improvement, as well as make retrospective recommendations
· Developing and iterating on link-building strategies alongside the wider SEO team at WSJ
· Collaborating with a cross-functional team of stakeholders to contribute to our SEO strategy
· Identifying key growth opportunities for WSJ Opinion, including day-to-day search optimization, longer term strategy for expanding our reach via Search and competitor analysis
· Working with and collaborating with external SEO vendors
Strong candidates will have the following skills and experience:
· At least 3 years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
· Strong analytical skills and a love for data and SEO
· Solid understanding of content for marketing purposes with in-depth knowledge of Google’s ranking methodologies and algorithms
· Experience in a newsroom or other journalism experience is a plus
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics (or similar Business Intelligence platform), Google Search Console and SEO tools such as Ahrefs or SEMRush
· Comfortable managing projects and deliverables
· Methodological in testing ideas and A/B testing
· In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of SEO best practices including site hygiene, URL practices, publishing processes, web crawling, AMP pages, and mobile web optimization.
· Candidates should be familiar with the ideas, philosophy and principles for which the Wall Street Journal editorial page stands