NorthShore Resources has a contract to hire opportunity for a Senior Power BI Developer
on our client’s EIM Integration and Tools Team.
As a BI Developer, you will be part of a fast paced, highly productive, dynamic and engaging DataOps team creating and maintaining efficient data and analytical solutions for business problems. You will partner with business stakeholders from our Plan Care Delivery teams to turn data into information and knowledge that solutions support and helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results.
As part of DataOps team , you will assist with creating data models and. you will work to create report output suited to different needs such as dashboards, data visualizations, and data summarization. You will work collaboratively and provide guidance and input based on what you learn in data review and during the development and test process. This role will also assist with data validation and data analysis.
What We Expect From You (Accountabilities):
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Understand business use-cases, gather business requirements and define critical metrics/KPI to create reports.
- Architect complex data analytics reports with DAX, Python/R, and custom visuals.
- Experience with embedding and sharing reports and dashboards, for cloud deployment scenario (PBI Service) and for on premise deployment.
- Security, authentication and authorization, best practices.
- Advanced Hands-on use of Power BI Tools.
- Using embedded analytics like Power BI Service/ Embedded, or by API automation.
- Creating Power BI models and transforming data using power query.
- Experience with integration with 3rd party APIs, passing in and out parameters/data.
- Experience with Power BI Client API and Power BI Rest API.
- Integrate Power BI reports into other applications.
- Implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Lead training and mentoring around Power BI and data-driven adoption.
- Display a passion for solving problems with data.
- Interest in being community evangelist.
- BS degree in computer or related science.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing dashboards and reports.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL.
- 3 years using Power BI. Adept in developing, publishing, scheduling and integration Power BI reports and dashboards.
- A solid understanding of security models in Power BI and the ability to implement row level restrictions.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
M-F; 40 hours/week.