NorthShore Resources has a contract to hire opportunity for a Lead Full Stack Java Developer. This position is responsible for creating and enabling efficient and user-friendly technology solutions for our client’s internal business functions using Web-based client server tools, programming, and delivery methods. Candidates must be currently local to MN to be considered.
- Creates complex technology solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet, Intranet, and Client Server applications.
- Designs and conducts application tests.
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Mentors less senior web developers.
- Trains new and existing employees on best practices, preferred patterns, performance achievement, and new development approaches and methodologies.
- Partners with vendors to ensure appropriate data and system integration for upgrades and implementations.
- Participates within disaster recovery testing; Ensures that disaster recovery plans are updated and maintained.
- Creates standard documents as required by team. Develops and maintains system and architecture documents.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Develops secure web pages, reviews others work for security issues. Participates in security scanning exercises.
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience working as part of an Agile SCRUM product team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and integrate business and technical requirements
- Good understanding of core operating systems and platforms
- Strong understanding of full life cycle iterative development; requirements gathering, technical design, development, testing and implementation
- Experience with SQL
- Health care market knowledge and experience in the health care industry
- Experience with guiding and mentoring less-senior staff
- Available for on-call 24/7 support rotation on a periodic basis