NorthShore Resources has a contract to hire opportunity for a Test Architect
. The Test Architect responsibilities are focused on creating an automation and data strategy and leading the development and delivery of technology-based solutions. This position provides quality engineering expertise and services that support the timely delivery of high quality software and test data that meet business needs. The person in this position establishes and promotes automation and data quality best practices in the Software Development Lifecycle and provides guidance, leadership and subject matter expertise for application teams. This position provides mentoring and guidance to the Quality and Test data Engineers across technology disciplines.
- Helps develop an overall Quality and data strategy that outlines specific tools, strategies and expectations for both cloud-native web applications and services and legacy software
- Identifies strategies and approaches to reduce overall manual steps and validations and process backlogs
- Helps formulate and lead the development of effective test and data architecture and framework per organizational needs
- Helps teams formulate and develop robust test data management solutions for both manual and automation testing
- Helps product teams maximize intelligent automation in support of continuous delivery
- Helps develop and support a diverse quality toolchain that can be leveraged by multiple product teams
- Provides technical leadership, engineering solutions and strategic direction on automation and data engineering
- Consults with teams and leadership on emerging automation technologies and methodologies
- Actively explores new opportunities and maintains a general testing tools technology dictionary
- Mentors product team members regarding automation and quality practices
- Leads teams with agile testing strategies to enable building quality in shift left and shift right approaches
- Understands and applies software engineering principles with respect to design and code quality
- Works with product teams to understand and test multiple quality attributes
- Works with management and business areas to develop long-term strategic plans and roadmaps on emerging automation technologies
- Performs additional job duties as required
- Minimum 4 Years Degree in computer science or closely related field.
- 10+ years of related IT experience.
- 6+ years of experience leading the design, planning and execution of testing and data strategies and tactics to ensure quality at all stages of the system life cycle in TDD, CI/CD, and Agile development.
- 8+ years of experience, in test architecture development and implementation using open source test and data automation frameworks and/or commercial tools.
- 6+ years of experience, in test data management and engineering to support automation.
- 8+ years of experience with programming and scripting languages in Object Oriented design patterns and coding best practices, mainly in Java and .Net development.
- 6+ years of experience providing work direction and leading automation.
- Experience with modern software engineering practices (TDD, CI/CD, Agile Development, AI and ML) which ideally includes the development of production code in addition to testing code.
- Experience and good understanding of the architecture for web, client server and mobile native applications.
- Demonstrated ability to implement test and data automation strategies and architecture/frameworks in large scale complex environments.
- Proven development experience with Java-based, C# and object oriented-based libraries, frameworks, and IDEs.
- Experience in writing queries against databases and data warehouses in Oracle or SQL server, MySQL and Mongo.
- Proven experience in building test data management solution into complex integrated environments.
- Experience crafting robust, readable and maintainable automated tests and utilities/fixtures.
- Familiarity with current quality approaches such as layered testing, service virtualization, contract-driven testing, chaos testing, exploratory testing, risk-based testing, behavior-driven testing, and deployment/smoke testing.
- Demonstrated strong leadership as an advocate for product quality, is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of complex technologies, quality tools methodologies in the industry.
- Expertise in developing test automation and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) solutions.
- Expertise in different test automation approaches (keyword-driven, Data-driven, BDD, hybrid).
- Proficiency with programming in Object oriented (Java, C# and C++).
- Expertise in working with tools like Selenium, Cucumber, Galen, Appium, Calabash, VSTS, Karate, Serenity, SoapUI, Jenkins, Junit, Spock, and TestNG.
- Experience with Quality tools like JIRA, HP ALM, Zephyr, Rally, Rational, MTM, TFS/VSTS, and virtualization technology.
- Certification in Java and/or .Net programming
Experience in Intelligent automation (AI automation)