NorthShore Resources has a contract to hire opportunity for a Sr. iOS Developer. This position is responsible for creating technology based solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining mobile applications in order to create functional, attractive mobile applications that perfectly meet the needs of the user. This person will manage small to midsized projects; ensuring scope, timelines, and budgets are aligned with project plans.
- Creates complex technology solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining mobile applications in order to create functional, attractive mobile applications that perfectly meet the needs of the user.
- Designing and building mobile applications for Apple’s iOS platform.
- Collaborating with the design team, the mobile dev lead, and the product owner to define app features.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Fixing application bugs before final release.
- Publishing application on App Store.
- Mentors less senior mobile web developers.
- Trains new and existing employees on best practices, preferred patterns, performance achievement, and new development approaches and methodologies.
- Partners with vendors to ensure appropriate data and system integration for upgrades and implementations.
- Has a strong working knowledge of iOS patterns and frameworks.
- Proven experience as an iOS app developer.
- Proficient in Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Knowledge of RESTful back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principals and human interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and integrate business and technical requirements
- Strong understanding of full life cycle iterative development; requirements gathering, technical design, development, testing and implementation
- Health care market knowledge and experience in the health care industry
- Experience with guiding and mentoring less senior staff
- Available for on-call 24/7 support rotation on a periodic basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
5+ years of experience in mobile web development using Apple’s iOS technologies (Swift, Xcode, iOS Frameworks (Core Data and Core Animation)