NorthShore Resources has an exciting opportunity (contract to hire/direct hire) for an Enterprise Systems Architect. This position is responsible for developing, enhancing, and directing the corporate IT technical architecture, specific functions include: planning, coordinating, designing, reviewing and implementing technology standards, processes, and procedures. The person in this position will focus on creating a technical infrastructure that is cost effective, reliable, available, and scalable. The Systems Architect works collaboratively with the organization Technical Infrastructure Services group to develop standards, review products and assess the current viability of IT infrastructure and architecture components. This person will also initiate and drive major projects pertaining to system architecture.
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that direct the design and utilization of technical solutions.
- Consults with IT Leadership and business partners; identifying uses of information technology for strategic business advantage.
- Develops technical assessments of systems and networks for product standard assessments.
- Formulates and recommends standards for achieving maximum productivity and efficiency from systems.
- Assists in the development and deployment of new products and systems to adhere to IT technical standards and architecture.
- Manages the development and deployment of the enterprise system infrastructure framework.
- Promotes integration of present technologies throughout IS&T for efficient and reliable systems operations.
- Coordinates technical decisions to ensure overall compatibility between various standards within the approved technological framework.
- Reviews and assesses proposed vendor products for future consideration within the system architecture.
- Conducts and coordinates research of leading edge and emerging technologies.
- Initiates projects using emerging technologies that have an impact on current system architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 10+ years experience in IT infrastructure and architecture
- Working knowledge with Hybrid Cloud model and Cloud Deployment
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code, Micro Services Deployment and DevOps technologies
- Experience with Containers and Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm) configurations
- Expertise in architectural framework development, direction, and deployment across multiple platforms and environments
- Broad technical knowledge and experience across IT functions and technologies
- Proficient at system documentation and diagrams
- Experience in building HA and scalable system solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Server and Network hardware experience/knowledge
- Operating system software experience/knowledge (Unix, Linux, Windows, NT, etc)
- Event / Messaging Systems (Kafka, MQ) Infrastructure setup
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment
- Observability & Alerting (Prometheus, Grafana) setup
- NoSQL and NewSQL Database setup
- Experience within the health plan management industry and/or health care provisioning
- Relational database knowledge (Oracle, Cache, etc)
- Experience with a variety of operating systems and platforms including: mainframe, client server, midrange systems, PC systems, middleware, networks, database systems, etc.
- Proven project management skills, preparing multi-year plans for complex implementation
- Technical training/certifications