NorthShore Resources has a contract to hire opportunity for a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst is vital in the analysis, development and the optimization of sustainable core reports and datasets for Community Senior Care. This position exists to partner with the director, manager, and operational stakeholders to design reports and tools that will create sustainable analytics to support key business opportunities. Must have strong Access database and Epic EHR experience
- Analyzes and documents system requests for all applications by collectively determining business requirements. (Major focus)
- Implements analytic and statistical methodologies relevant to our business.
- Communicates system enhancements to the user community in order to optimize the functionality for the systems utilized by Community Senior Care. (Minor focus)
- Collectively prioritizes requests for system enhancements and makes the requested modifications as able. (Major focus)
- Provides timely user support for simple to complex data requests involving multiple data platforms. (Major focus)
- Develops proficiencies in all tools related to performing responsibilities, such as: Epic, MS Office Professional (Microsoft Access), and PL/SQL Developer. (Major focus)
- Serves as subject matter expert and assists in creating analytics training.
- Proposes and documents short-term and long-term recommendations to resolve data integrity issues in collaboration with leadership. (Major focus)
- Prepares and supplies peer review information for leaders. Help determine if there is a more efficient way to do this work.
- Productively works with all levels of Community Senior Care leadership and other areas of the entire care system. Help to get productivity reports from Epic.
- Focus on developing and maintaining sustainable data, reports and analytics to support Community Senior Care. (Major focus)
- Four year college degree in computer science, information systems management, project management, business or healthcare management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in healthcare and/or business information systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analysis
- Solid understanding of data methodologies, statistics and clinical terminology
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, dataset development skills, and dataset presentation
- Strong systems knowledge, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience and demonstrated skills in learning new concepts quickly and independently
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to describe and communicate complex systems and concepts across diverse audiences
- Solid verbal and written skills that promotes communication with technical teams, end users and leaders
- Expertise in Epic, MS Office Professional-Microsoft Access, and PL/SQL Developer
- Strong interpersonal communication, group process, and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization
- 3 years of experience in healthcare, information technology or other related field
- 2 years of project management experience
- Experience and/or passion for data visualizations and presentation
- Familiar with insurance function and products, and knowledge of the medical delivery industry