NorthShore Resources has a need for a Drone Engineer for a project at one of our clients.
- Business need/project background:
Our client is seeking to engage a Drone Engineer to capture data using Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), a/k/a drones for 1) documenting roadway construction site conditions and reconstruction progress, and 2) documenting building and roof conditions to supplement building inspection reports.
- Scope of services/description of work to be performed
- Picture and video capture documenting site conditions and road reconstruction progress along approximately 1-mile county road corridor with flights occurring every 4 weeks over the course of a 4-5-month long construction schedule, with a final spring flight.
- Capture photos, video, and thermal images of building envelopes and roofs for approximately 10 urban/suburban county owned facilities. Data will be used to complete annual inspection reports.
- Specific skills/experience required:
- FAA 107 certificate
- Drone with FAA Registration & Minnesota Registration
- Minnesota Commercial Operations License
- Professional experience with construction documentation and/or building/facility inspections using drones.
- Project deliverables:
- Infrared and thermal images (buildings/facilities only)
- High definition videos
- High resolution pictures
- Mosaicked orthophotos (roadway corridor only)
- 3D digital surface models (optional based on cost)
- 3D building models (optional based on cost)
- LiDAR Point clouds (optional based on cost)